The Plan for this Year’s Kate Day – Monday March 7, 2011
Many of you have inquired about how our Kate Day festivities are going to play out this year. Here’s the rundown:
• We plan to open our doors and begin seating people at 11:00 that morning. Both upstairs and downstairs will be open. (The patio probably won’t be, since it’s still buried under several feet of snow as of this writing.)
• Similarly to last year, we’ll usher in groups of about 50 folks at a time, spaced about 15 minutes apart, until all seats are filled. Staggering our initial seating in this manner assures that service, food and beer flow smoothly throughout the day. Those of you with experience working in restaurants will understand how this works. For the rest of you, please trust us – we have your best interest at heart. Our highest priority on Kate Day is to provide the finest hospitality possible.
• In order to help the line move quickly, there will be community seating at all tables, so you may have an opportunity to make some new friends.
• The official Kate tapping will take place at 11:30 am.
• Draft Kate will be poured in 10-ounce servings, priced at $7.50 a glass.
• Kate will be served until it runs out, and we really don’t know when that will be.
• Tasty lunch and snack specials will be offered.
• Our retail store will open at 9:00 am.
• We will draw the Second Chance Contest winner at around 3:00 that afternoon.
• Holders of winning scratch tickets may purchase their bottles of Kate on any day from March 7 (Kate Day) through April 15.
• No brewery tours will be offered on Kate Day. Our sister company, Smuttynose Brewing, will offer special tours of its facility on Heritage Avenue starting at 2:00 that day. (Please refrain from showing up there early, lest you be press-ganged into cleaning the dark, scary corners of the Smuttynose warehouse.)
• Our staff, as always, is serious about providing responsible service of alcohol. Please be respectful of them, especially if they determine that you’ve been served enough.
So there you have it. We look forward to seeing you on Kate Day, March 7, 2011.